Manufacturers of showerheads continually upgrade their goods and work hard to meet customer expectations for an environmentally sustainable device without losing consistency or performance. The sad truth is that finding high-quality water without a hefty price tag is extremely difficult. Unfortunately, we have a little alternative because we are obligated to use the water sources provided by our nation.
10 Best Water Saving Shower Heads
Using our public water supplies, in most situations, means paying a premium for our water, regardless of its quality. Therefore, knowing how to spot the right water-saving showerhead is critical if you want to save money on your electricity bill.
Benefits of Water Saving Shower Heads
You can read our reviews on only the best water saving shower heads are listed below. After reading the buying guide, you should be able to find a showerhead that meets your needs and complements your style.
Save a lot of cash:
The main benefit of a water saving shower head is that it will help you save money on your utility bill. Since water is a finite resource, it is our responsibility to do whatever we can to keep it. When we turn on the tap and see water flowing out, it may seem as if we have all the water in the world, but the tragic truth is that not even our public water supply is safe. So you can reduce our water use drastically.
Conserving water would result in a significant reduction in your electricity bill. You can cut your water intake by 35%, save the same amount of money on your heating system, and can all of this can be done without losing the efficiency of your shower.
Is it possible that using a low water flow showerhead would save you water? The short answer is yes, and a water-saving unit would enable you to reduce your water consumption dramatically. By rule, the maximum flow rate is 2.5 gallons per minute, although there are units on the market that can provide as little as 1.2 GPM. Keep in mind that there are numerous other options to save water.
To start, you can cut down on your shower time. Reduce your showering time by 2-3 minutes and assume your shower head has a 2.5gpm water flow cap. Then, by shaving 3 minutes off your shower time, you’ll save 5.475 gallons a year. Another suggestion is to not shave with the shower flowing. Must be considered if you wish to save water, and conserving water saves money.
Putting capital aside:
A restrictor is used in every leading shower head, limiting the water flow to a maximum of 2.5 gallons per minute. It’s doubtful that you’ll end up with a shower head that doesn’t have a restrictor. As a result, having a new showerhead will save you money. Depending on the regular energy cost rate, you would most likely keep the same amount of power as you do on the water while considering your utility bill savings. Thus, you can hope to save a few hundred dollars per year on your utility bill if you replace an outdated showerhead with a new one that has a restrictor.
There are a few best things you should consider if you want a water-saving shower head:
- It would help if you located a commodity that is under your budget.
- It’s also vital to comprehend the water flow rate because it’s a significant factor in lowering the utility bill.
- Showerheads are available in shapes and sizes, so you’ll have to decide which one is right for your bathroom.
The theme best complements your bathroom decor. Rest assured that there are several models to pick from that will complement every bathroom decor. Furthermore, shower heads come with various features and settings, so you can determine what kind of shower experience you expect from the showerhead. Finally, the length of the warranty is also a substantial measure of the product’s accuracy and longevity. Look for a style that satisfies your needs while still complementing your bathroom decor.
A shower head with all the bells and whistles in the world is useless if it is not made of high-quality, long-lasting materials. As a result, seeing what existing buyers have to say about the device is a great way to determine whether the showerhead can meet your needs.
High Sierra’s All Metal 1.5 GPM High-Efficiency Low Flow Showerhead
The genius 1.5 gallons/minute shower head is our first option, and this is a beautiful water-saving approach from High Sierra Stable. This unit has received rave reviews from consumers worldwide who are highly pleased with its performance and design. Although this machine is rated for 1.5 GPM water flow, it seems like you’re getting a solid shower.
Since this showerhead is labeled as a WaterSense device, you know you’re getting a water-saving showerhead. With a water flow rate of 1.5 GPM, this machine outperforms the industry benchmark of 2.5 GPM. It means we have a device that uses 40% less water than the bulk of showerheads currently on the market.
There are four different finishes available: chrome, nickel, oil-painted bronze, and polished brass. There is a single central spray nozzle that produces enough water flow for a satisfying shower experience. With just one spray mode, it isn’t the most advanced showerhead on the market. It is, however, one of the most potent water saving shower heads available.
Overall, this device accomplishes the goal of conserving water while showering without losing water pressure. If you want a fancy shower head with many different settings, the High Sierra isn’t for you because it just has one spray mode. The High Sierra team has excellent customer service and will do everything possible to resolve any issues you might have.
- Award-winning, patented nozzle delivers a strong, full-spray of large drops
- Minerals in the water will not clog the patented nozzle as is common with most low flow shower heads
- SOLID METAL CONSTRUCTION with NEW and improved surface plating guaranteed to not corrode. Regardless of quality water.
- Built in the USA using domestic and imported parts. Built to last!
Read also: Hand Held Shower Head With On-Off Switch
Niagara Conservation Turbo Massage Shower Head
Here’s a tremendous water-saving showerhead from the Niagara squad, and to be honest, it’s the most cost-effective water saving showerhead on the market right now. It doesn’t get much more affordable than this. This machine has a 1.5 gallon per minute water flow capacity, saving you 40% on your water use.
This machine would have adequate pressure, at 1.5GPM water flow, regardless of whether the plumbing system is notorious for low water pressure. The Niagara has a stunning chrome finish that is rust-resistant. There are also nine spray jets and an innovative massager. The spray jets will provide you with a showering experience ranging from a gentle spray tickle to an intense massage water stream. Because of the built-in water-saving features, even though you configure the showerhead to produce a strong water flow, it would not increase water usage.
To summarise, this is a well-made, long-lasting, and environmentally friendly showerhead. It was designed to use 40% less water than standard 2.5 GPM showerheads while maintaining high efficiency. The Niagara stable will also provide you with a 10-year warranty. So if you’re on a budget and want a water-saving showerhead with a massage option, take a look at this unit and see if it meets your needs.
- NIAGRA MASSAGE SHOWER HEAD 1.5GPM
Whedon USP29C Deluxe Ultra 1.9 Saver Shower
Even though the USP29C isn’t the most attractive showerhead on the market, it will help you save money on your utility bills. It is another excellent budget-friendly choice for those who want to conserve water and get a lot of water flow.
This showerhead is incredibly lightweight and sturdy, with a steady and heavy water flow. This machine is notorious for supplying more than ample water spray, regardless of whether your home has a low-pressure water supply. However, some owners also complained that the jet was too strong.
As a result, it’s fair to assume that this model doesn’t have a problem with water flow. Whedon uses the most up-to-date technologies of pressurized water flow to accomplish this powerful spray. The water is squeezed through the nozzles by the friction generated within the head, and the water turns into droplets. Thus, it produces a powerful spray without the use of additional water.
It was designed to have a water flow rate of 2.0 gallons per minute and satisfy WaterSense requirements. There are two kinds of water-saving showers: one with a 2.5 GPM water flow and a 2 GPM water flow. Furthermore, the building of the water-saving shower is chrome metal finish. It’s also effortless to set up: this unit was made to match regular arm tubing, then screw this one in place, and you’re done!
It is one of the most perfect and the best cost-effective options available today. With this machine, don’t expect a lot of complex settings and spray modes. It’s as easy as they come, but you’ll be happily shocked at how well it works and how much water it saves. Having said that, if you’re looking for a low-cost, well-made, and long-lasting commodity, this is a great alternative.
- Pressure compensating flow regulator provides steady 1.9 GPM flow rate from 30-80 psi.
- High velocity aerating shower. Great rinsing force, even in low pressure.
- Made in the USA of solid brass, chrome plated.
- 1-1/4-Inch diameter nozzle, standard 1/2-Inch female connection.Installs easily on any standard shower arm.
- Complies with federal codes.
Delta Faucet 2-Spray H2Okinetic Shower Head
The following item is one of the best on the market today, and it is, of course, a Delta product. They’ve been in the industry for a long time and know just what it takes to create a water-saving showerhead that satisfies all of the demands of an environmentally conscious consumer. Without losing water pressure, this device can have a top-rated water-saving showering experience. To reach optimal water flow, the Delta employs cutting-edge air spray technology. That way, you’ll think you’re showering with high-pressure water when you’re showering with the same low 2.5gpm water flow.
The Delta will produce a steady 2.5 gallons per minute of water flow, and you’ll be able to choose from two spray modes, one of which features the fantastic H2OKinetic technology, which turns the water into a unique wave pattern. Furthermore, this showerhead has bigger spray jets than other showerheads in this price range. Larger spray jets can prevent clogging and do cleaning and rinsing the head much smoother. This unit’s installation is fundamental, and no tools are needed. What you have to do now is unscrew your old showerhead and replace it with the Delta.
Overall, users conclude that this is a high-quality showerhead that, considering its high price, provides long-lasting and versatile water-saving results. The current owners are pleased with the consistent water saving spray, which feels solid. The length of the warranty duration is also a strong predictor of the product’s quality, and Delta has a lifetime warranty on this item.
- 3X Coverage: Delta H2Okinetic PowerDrench Spray provides 3X more coverage than a standard shower head (coverage measured in accordance with EPA WaterSense Specification for shower heads, March 4,...
- More Intensity: Delta H2Okinetic Showers Sculpt Water into a Unique Wave Pattern, Creating a Shower That Provides More Warmth, Coverage and Intensity
- Easy to Clean: Efficient, Self-Cleaning Spray Holes Help to Prevent Lime and Mineral Build-Up over Time and Help to Reduce Time Spent Scrubbing and Cleaning
- Watersense Labeled: Watersense labeled so you can enjoy a warm, drenching shower experience while using 20% less water—saving you money without compromising performance
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: You Can Install with Confidence, Knowing This Delta Shower Head Is Backed by Delta Faucet’s Lifetime Limited Warranty
Read also: Best Steam Shower Reviews
Everything Metal from High Sierra 1.8 gallons per minute
The famous 1.8 gallons per minute from High Sierra is the final item on our list. It is an excellent option for those who want a more efficient spray than the High Sierra’s 1.5 gallons per minute showerhead, but at a lower flow rate than the industry norm of 2.5 gallons per minute. In addition, this unit is EPA-approved and comes with the WaterSensestamp, ensuring it was designed as an environmentally safe showerhead.
The High Sierra model comes with various finishes, including chrome, silver, oil-painted bronze, and polished brass. It has a powerful spray pattern that can convert low-pressure water flow into a steady high-pressure flow. It would help if you hoped to conserve 30% more water with 1.8 gallons per minute water flow than a standard 2.5 GPM unit.
The only disadvantage is that there is only a straightforward spray pattern available. It does, however, have an outstanding showering experience and is made of high-quality materials. To ensure optimum longevity, this showerhead and its components are made entirely of metal. Furthermore, it was designed to have a hassle-free, non-clogging environment, and the coating assures that no marks or spots can accumulate. While it does not come with an extended warranty duration, critics are the highly best product, and it has received rave reviews from customers.
- New 1.8 gpm offers an even fuller spray of large droplets than our original 1.5 gpm models
- Patented nozzle will not clog
- SOLID METAL CONSTRUCTION with NEW and improved surface plating guaranteed to not corrode. Regardless of quality water.
- Save 25% or more water and the energy to heat the water. WaterSense Certified
- Built in the USA using domestic and imported parts. Built to last!
Speakman S-3010 Adjustable Water Saving Shower Head
Here’s a handy showerhead that you’ve probably seen in a lot of hotels because of its excellent Any-Stream function, which allows you to save 40 percent of your showering water without sacrificing performance.
The five spray jets are one of their main advantages. It is essentially a device with a full-coverage high-pressure shower experience with just 2.0-2.5 gallons per minute of water flow volume. If you want to meet any showering need, the five spray jets will deliver 50 exclusive spray patterns as well as 12 pulsating massage sprays. Massage mode, minor coverage mode, and a combination of both are among the spray modes.
There are two different types of water-saving shower finishes to choose from: brushed nickel and polished chrome. You can also choose between two different water flow rates: 2.0 pm and 2.5 GPM. Both models are EPA certified for water conservation which can help you save money on your utility bill.
Installation does not necessitate using any complex tools; all that is needed is to screw it into place. It’s small and thin, and it’ll suit any standard tube. Of course, if you have any problems, you can always turn to the installation guide to figure out where you went wrong, but most users report that the installation was simple and straightforward. This showerhead, like all Speakman’s showerheads, comes with a lifetime restricted warranty.
- TIMELESS SIMPLICITY: Featuring a traditional circular shape with modern hard edges this premium, high-flow shower head will enhance and complement any modern shower or bathroom
- ANYSTREAM TECHNOLOGY: The adjustable shower head’s patented Anystream system effortlessly transitions through three settings, evenly distributing water for a luxurious experience
- HIGH PRESSURE: Shower heads control the spread of water as it leaves the nozzle with patented plungers so that pressure can build and intensify, making it an ideal low water pressure shower head
- EASY MAINTENANCE: The replacement showerhead features self-cleaning plungers which resist hard-water buildup and sediment, keeping the shower head cleaner with minimal maintenance required
- SPEAKMAN PLUMBING: From commercial plumbers’ supplies to bathroom accessories to fall in love with, Speakman delivers quality, innovation and performance with every product
Danze D460047 Boost Three Function Showerhead
The next item on the list is a genius and sophisticated water-saving showerhead with rave reviews around the internet. The Danze D460047 is a multi-function head that outperforms its rivals on the market in terms of consistency and versatility.
This unit is 4 inches long “in diameter and has a decent amount of water coverage. You’ll be able to submerge yourself in the water entirely. There are two different finishes to pick from chrome and brushed nickel. Furthermore, three different water flow rates to choose from: 2.5 GPM, 2.0 GPM, and 1.75 GPM, both of which follow the EPA’s Water-Sense requirements.
This device uses a unique dual valve technology to pressurize the water coming out of the nozzles, resulting in a stable and consistent water flow. Keep in mind that the dual valve would work well for all three spray modes: aerated spray with air injection, deep massage, and broad coverage. Switching between spray patterns is as simple as pressing a button on the side of the head. Water quality is not lost for water flow, according to current owners.
Also, for those who aren’t the best at DIY, installation is a simple operation. You screw it in place, and there will be no leaks; you won’t even need to use Teflon tape. The only disadvantage to this showerhead is that it is made of plastic, which means it does not last as long as a metal unit. But, on the other hand, the Danze Company is confident that it will last for several years to come and offers a limited lifetime warranty.
- Brass ball joint with polymer shell
- Features D-Force Technology
- Easy-Glide selector ring
- Featuring Air Injection technology for a strong and yet smooth shower experience
- Optimizes water intensity even at low pressures
Read also: What’s Your Average Shower Temperature?
Delta Water Efficient Showerhead 52672-15-BG
The Delta Fundamentals Single-Setting Showerhead (52672-15-BG) checks all the boxes if you want to try a water-saving showerhead but don’t want to spend a lot of money. This fixed, circular showerhead, which is WaterSense-certified.
This Delta has no frills; it has a straightforward, one-setting style that makes for a full-body spray. It’s available in chrome or white, and the California Energy Commission has approved it (CEC).
- 1.5 gpm, 5.7 L/min
- Delta Faucet is one of the first in the industry to qualify for the new WaterSense(R) program developed by the EPA for showerheads and handshowers.
- Rigorously tested to ensure quality performance
Niagara Conservation – Earth Showerhead
The amount of pressure available in the home’s water supply determines how much water a showerhead contains. The WaterSense-listed Earth Showerhead (N2915BN) does a great job of controlling stress, resulting in a constant, smooth water flow (while still keeping the flow rate to just 1.5 GPM).
The non-aerated stream also aids in temperature maintenance, resulting in less energy loss (and, in turn, fewer costs). There are nine different massage jet modes on the Earth Showerhead and three different flexible water-stream settings: needle, massage, and mix. Furthermore, installation is painless and straightforward, the price is reasonable, and the brushed nickel finish adds a stylish touch.
- 1.5 GALLONS PER MINUTE - This water-saving shower head has a flow rate of 1.5 gallons of water per minute. This pressure level allows for a great shower while still conserving water.
- VARIABLE FLOW TYPE - Our Earth Showerhead features three spray functions that work for any situation. Simply twist the energy-saving showerhead to match the desired task, including needle, massage,...
- CONSISTENT FLOW - Unlike other shower heads, the Niagara's Conservation's patented flow compensator gives smooth flow regardless of available water pressure. This provides a consistent shower even...
- SLEEK, MODERN FINISH - The low flow shower head has a sleek, brushed nickel finish that looks great in any shower. The maintenance-free design is both sophisticated and simple, featuring a...
- WATERSENSE CERTIFIED - The Earth non-handheld showerhead produces a luxurious shower with an even, vacillating spray that requires less water usage. This saver shower sprayer meets or exceeds ANSI...
Read also: Best Bathroom Exhaust Fans
Signature Hardware 926447-10 10″ Lambert 1.6 GPM Single Function Rain Shower Head
Showerheads that mimic calming rainfall by providing a larger surface area and gentle water flow are available (instead of a high-pressured, direct stream). Few manufacturers, however, give this design genuinely low-flow performance (less than 2.5 GPM).
Signature Hardware’s Lambert Rainfall Shower Head stands out because the 10-inch showerhead is more significant than other rivals while also retaining a 1.8 GPM flow rate. This aesthetically appealing showerhead is fixed to the ceiling and is made of brass and polished in either brushed nickel, silver, or bronze to recreate the feeling of being in the rain—without too much water falling.
- Constructed from brass ensuring durability and dependability
- Single function rain shower head
- Designed to easily install with standard U.S. 1/2" plumbing connections
- Meets California drought compliant regulations
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: Our products are built to last. We proudly stand behind this product with a lifetime warranty and expert customer support.
Now that you’ve read the water-saving showerhead reviews, I hope you’ll be able to find the best water saving shower head to fit your needs. Also, don’t forget to check out the water saving shower head comparison table, which allows you to compare the best water-saving showerheads around.
The best part about water-saving showerheads is that you won’t have to lose your shower experience if you want a low-flow model. Set your budget now, and use the resources on this page to find a device that will do you well for many years.