Are you unsure why hypoallergenic toilet paper should be used? Toilet paper can cause an allergic reaction in some people, believe it or not. The explanation is simple: the manufacturing of certain toilet paper products contains chemicals that can trigger allergies.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for the best toilet paper for allergies that won’t cause allergic reactions in you or your family members. We look at the brands that have been hailed as the best by many, so you can get the same for your own home.
Best Toilet Paper For Allergies 2021
Aria Premium, Earth Friendly Toilet Paper
|Dimensions:||14.63 x 10 x 8 inches|
If you’re searching for a thicker, more durable recycled toilet paper, you may want to check out Aria’s luxury bath tissue. Although the sheets are still two-ply, they are around 50% thicker and significantly stronger than other recycled alternatives on the market, while remaining soft and gentle on sensitive skin.
Softness factor: this is recycled tissue that hasn’t been bleached. This can appear rough if you are used to bleached and highly processed paper. When compared to the 7th Generation, it does rank marginally higher on softness. When looking for this form of toilet paper, it’s important to strike a balance between softness and the absence of skin-irritating dyes, bleach, and fragrances. Aria’s paper is soft and irritant-free.
Aria Mega Rolls: These rolls have a lot more space than regular paper rolls, with 308 sheets of 2-ply tissue per roll, but they’re still designed to match standard toilet paper dispensers.
The way this paper is rendered is one of its most appealing features. Georgia Pacific makes toilet paper in factories that run entirely on green biomass energy. In addition, for every tree that is cut down, three new trees are planted. Aria has also been accredited by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) to encourage sustainable forest management.
Some consumers have expressed dissatisfaction with the fact that the rolls themselves (which are sold in packs of 12 or 24 count rolls) are covered in plastic. It looks and feels like plastic, but it’s actually 52 percent plant-based, recyclable packaging.
Although the company may have wrapped the product in the paper (as it does for its individually wrapped Envision toilet paper), it is a step forward from other companies that do use 100% plastic packaging. Since it’s recycled, it’s the best choice for softness and luxury feel, but it comes at a slightly higher price.
- Don't compromise. Aria toilet paper combines premium strength and quality with sustainable manufacturing. This strong, soft and thick 2-ply toilet paper gives back to the planet without sacrificing...
- 50% thicker and 3X stronger when wet than the leading recycled brand, Aria toilet paper is made with 100% renewable power* and comes in 52% plant-based, recyclable packaging. (*renewable energy...
- Committed to sustainable forestry, Aria plants 3 new trees for every single tree used. Aria is made with responsibly sourced trees and is Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certified to promote...
- This toilet paper is septic-safe, bio-degradable and unscented. The Aria brand is on a mission is to make a better toilet paper by combining premium quality with sustainable manufacturing.
- This is a pack of 12 Aria Mega Rolls, equivalent to 48 regular rolls. Each roll has 308 sheets of 2-ply tissue that are sized to fit standard toilet paper dispensers.
Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper
|Dimensions:||12.2 x 8.1 x 7.7 inches|
The Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Toilet Paper is made from organic bamboo and sugarcane stems and is septic healthy. The softness and touch of this combination of two materials is well-known… It’s becoming increasingly common in baby towels and washcloths for people with sensitive skin.
It’s biodegradable and won’t damage your septic system. This two-ply toilet paper is soft and quickly dissolves in water, making it environmentally and septic-system friendly. Although its soft feel is something to remember, as this bath tissue is gentle on the skin, making it a good choice for those who are prone to rash and irritation.
The soft fibers of sugar cane give it its softness, which makes it suitable for those with skin discomfort because it has a smoother touch and feel. The best thing about this tissue paper is that it combines strength and softness in one package. This results in a soft and long-lasting roll of tissue.
The tissue’s strength comes from the bamboo’s hardness mixed with sugarcane stems, which could not have done it any better. Most recycled toilet paper of the same size and ply count performs better than this toilet paper. The 300 sheet rolls are available in packs of four, twelve, or twenty-four rolls in bulk. For a non-traditional article, we recommend this one.
- TREE FREE TOILET PAPER made from sustainable grown bamboo, a fast growing grass, making our bamboo toilet paper a sustainable, eco-friendly alternative to traditional tree based bath tissue.
- BIODEGRADABLE, SEPTIC SAFE toilet paper, safe for all disposal systems including motorhome, and marine sanitation systems. The perfect rapid dissolve rv toilet paper for campers, and boats.
- GENTLE ON SENSITIVE SKIN, our eco friendly toilet paper is hypoallergenic, BPA-free, fragrance free, paraben free, lint free, non-GMO project verified, and uses an elemental chlorine free bleaching...
- SOFT, STRONG 2 PLY toilet paper, gives you the perfect combination of bamboo's strength yet still soft fibers.
- TOTAL OF 12 DOUBLE ROLLS with 300 sheets per rolls. Caboo toilet paper is accredited by the BRC Global Standards, FSC, ISO 14000, and is proudly panda friendly.
Green Forest Premium 100% Recycled Bathroom Tissue
|Material Paper||Material Paper|
|Size 12 Rolls||Size 12 Rolls|
|Ply Rating 2- Ply||Ply Rating 2- Ply|
|Dimensions 13.5 x 10 x 9 inches||Dimensions 13.5 x 10 x 9 inches|
Green Forest’s bath tissue is made entirely of recycled paper. It’s hypoallergenic, much like the other choices we’ve looked at. It’s also free of added dyes and fragrances. The paper is whitened using a device, but it is chlorine-free and certified as Refined Chlorine Free (PCF).
It’s biodegradable and easy to break down, making it a good option for people who live in a septic system or who use a bathroom with a lot of traffic (offices, restrooms, businesses), where it’s more important than the paper breaks down quickly and doesn’t clog the toilet.
The company promises that the paper contains a minimum of 90% post-consumer recycled content, which is higher than some other recycled labels, which only reach 80%. Green Forest is available in a variety of formats (12 rolls is the most common package found).
This is not as soft as Seventh Generation or Aria, but the rolls are big, and if you calculate the price, you will save a lot of money compared to the other brands. In exchange for a more affordable toilet paper, you’ll sacrifice some softness and plushness.
The Green Forest rolls are HUGE in comparison to Seventh Generation (click to see a picture from an Amazon customer); of course, you’d have to search current rates where you buy and figure out what’s best.
- Made from 100% recycled paper fiber; minimum 90% post-consumer recycled content
- Whitened without chlorine - processed chlorine free (PCF)
- Readily biodegradable, safe to use in septic systems
- Hypo-allergenic, contains no added fragrances or dyes
- Larger sheets sizes, compared to other brands
Read also: Best Elongated Toilets
Charmin Ultra Gentle Toilet Paper
|Dimensions||5.2 x 9.96 x 11.85 inches|
This is a good value pack since it includes six rolls of tissue paper, each with 300 sheets of paper. One roll equals four standard brand rolls, so you’ll save a lot of money if you buy this one.
The paper has been integrated with a lotion for a calming effect, which makes it easier for people with sensitive skin. It doesn’t irritate or chafe your skin in any way. And if you have sensitive or irritated skin, it is recommended.
It’s also been dermatologist-approved. You can be assured that this toilet paper will not irritate your skin because it has been put through rigorous testing to ensure that it is suitable for use on sensitive skin. [two] It is also suitable for your septic tanks, in addition to being hypoallergenic.
The toilet paper is extremely fluffy. It doesn’t cause wipe burns and doesn’t irritate the eyes, making it suitable for infants. Since it is suitable for septic and sewage systems, it can be flushed in your toilet. It even cleans the bottom of the foot thoroughly. You leave the toilet with a strong sense of cleanliness. Many users have continued to use it for years because it is the finest toilet paper they have ever used.
Some people have expressed dissatisfaction with the previous size of this, claiming that they now eat more rolls than they did before this one was published.
- Pack contains 18 Rolls (286 sheets per roll) of Charmin Ultra Gentle Toilet Paper
- 1 Charmin Mega Roll = 4 Regular Rolls based on number of sheets in Charmin Regular Roll bath tissue
- Dermatologist tested, Charmin Ultra Gentle is our only toilet paper with a touch of soothing lotion
- Gently cleans even irritated skin
- Clog-safe and septic-safe; Roto-Rooter approved
Silk’n Soft Bamboo Toilet Paper
|Dimensions||3.07 x 3.11 x 4.76 inches|
If you have sensitive skin, another tree-free choice is this Silk’n Soft Bamboo toilet paper, which I recommend you try today. It is smooth and gentle on the skin, and it shares some of the benefits of virgin tree toilet paper, if not all of them. It is chlorine-free and environmentally safe. The presence of chlorine is often regarded as a health and environmental threat.
Silk’n Soft is a three-ply toilet paper made in a biofuel-powered low-impact factory. Bamboo regenerates quickly, and the area where it is harvested is not home to pandas. This makes it perfect for those with sensitive skin searching for non-irritating toilet paper, as well as those who care deeply about the environment.
It is made up of 60% bamboo, which is increasingly being used to create various fabrics due to its soft texture while remaining durable. Sugar cane is the other commodity used.
- Tree-Free, 3-Ply, Double Roll, 100% Bamboo
- WHY ECO FRIENDLY?: Produces 35% more oxygen per day then than trees, Requires no pesticides or fertilizers, Bamboo can grow up to 75 cm
- IS IT REALLY SOFT?: Softer than leading traditional brands. Bamboo produces some of the world’s most luxurious fabrics
- WHY BAMBOO?: Bamboo is more Eco-friendly than trees. Bamboo does not need pesticides or fertilizer. As a member of the grass family, it is one of the world’s fastest growing plants. Bamboo grows...
- DOUBLE ROLL FACTS: As a 3-ply bathroom tissue roll, Silk’n Soft is equivalent to a 300-sheet standard roll. As a product of Canada, Silk’n Soft is the same size as the industry standard...
WHOLEROLL Organic Bamboo Toilet Paper
|Dimensions||12 x 11.4 x 7.3 inches|
Toilet paper made of bamboo? Yes, you read that correctly. Bamboo pulp appears to be one of the best organic toilet paper options. WHOLEROLL TP is one of those products that never disappoints. This toilet paper saves room thanks to its tighter winding. Other 200-sheet rolls take up more room. Regardless, it’s a quarter-inch longer. It corresponds to the 220-sheet models despite being a 200-sheet TP. It doesn’t stop there, though. This toilet paper can also be used twice as long as normal rolls.
WHOLEROLL, on the other hand, is a two-ply toilet paper. It does, however, have the softness and resilience of three-ply rolls. It has a unique attribute that distinguishes it from 2-ply tissue papers. Furthermore, compared to virgin pulp tissue, bamboo tissue has a distinct benefit. It’s chemical-free and environmentally safe. Hypoallergenic and biodegradable, to boot. As a result, it’s just as healthy for septic tanks as it is for sensitive skin.
For more space-saving storage, tighter winding is used. It’s a 2-ply tissue with the softness and strength of a 3-ply, and it’s made entirely of bamboo, making it all-natural and eco-friendly, Antibacterial and hypoallergenic properties in nature
The WHOLEROLL bamboo toilet is built with future generations in mind. It’s environmentally friendly and has natural healing powers. It’s also super soft and has a larger sheet size. WHOLEROLL would suffice for a green 2-ply tissue with 3-ply features.
- HIGH QUALITY ORGANIC BAMBOO -3 ply Strong - Ranked #1 in Quality, Strength, Softness, Eco-Carbon Footprint and Value for Money,18 Rolls = 45 Regular Rolls - 200 full extra long sheets in tightly wound...
- NO CHEMICALS -NO WASTEFUL INDIVIDUAL WRAPPING MADE FROM TREES- BLEACH FREE -EARTH FRIENDLY - the benefits WHOLEROLL has over store bought virgin pulp tissue - Better for the planet, Better for the...
- ORGANIC COTTON LIKE SOFTNESS - WHOLE FAMILY USE AND POTTY TRAINING PERFECT Give a natural clean to toddlers delicate bottom, a great compliment to natural wipes - Say goodbye to bulky packaging. Our...
- WHEN YOU BUY A PACK - WE PLANT A TREE in the Gulf Coast regions and islands devastated by storms in partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation - What's important to us? Being transparent, doing good,...
- QUALITY IS ALWAYS THE BEST VALUE - We are quality driven giving you the best in bamboo. Why? Because it's on your BODY and that is what we value. You. So bring nature into your home, your RV camper,...
Read also: Buyers Guide for Towels
Bamboo Toilet Paper
|Dimensions||13.35 x 8 x 4.5 inches|
Bamboo pulp is used to make this hypoallergenic toilet paper. It is free of BPA and other artificial fragrances and additives, making it an excellent option for people who have sensitivities or allergies. It is also devoid of dyes and chemicals. There are 48 rolls in each box. Each roll contains 400 2-ply tissue paper sheets.
This toilet paper does not quickly shred. It’s a positive thing because there won’t be any toilet paper residue on your skin to irritate the skin. It’s made entirely of bamboo, which is a more environmentally friendly way of producing toilet paper. You can also rely on its environmentally friendly features. This is the perfect option for you if you want to use natural toilet paper that is soft on your skin but doesn’t want to use recycled toilet paper.
Many people said that the whole kit lasted a long time. Households don’t go through the rolls very quickly, which is a testament to their strength and thickness. It’s also perfect for RV toilets with low-flow toilets.
Some users complained that it was more difficult to tear off.
- STRONGER, SOFTER AND COOLER: This 2 ply, 100 percent bamboo pulp toilet paper is stronger than tissue made from hardwood pulp products, making it a viable, even superior bath tissue option. Not only...
- CHEMICAL-FREE: NatureZway has formulated a chemical-free bathroom tissue solution with this unbleached bamboo fiber toilet tissue. Hydrogen peroxide is used as the whitening agent in this...
- BPA-FREE AND BIODEGRADABLE: Physical and environmental safety are our top priorities when manufacturing household bamboo products. BPA is an estrogen-imitating chemical found in many disposable and...
- WHY BAMBOO PRODUCTS: Bamboo is from the grass family, so it grows fast, is easily renewable and matures in only 3 years. It takes up less space and needs less water than trees to grow, requires no...
- CHOOSE NATUREZWAY: Providing environmentally friendly cleaning products that are produced from renewable and sustainable materials. NatureZway makes Going Green the superior option, combining quality,...
Bim Bam Boo Organic Bamboo Toilet Paper Rolls
Bamboo-style toilet paper is becoming increasingly popular. Bim Bam Boo is an example of this. It cuts with toilet paper made entirely of bamboo. It’s also eco-friendly and suitable for sensitive skin, thanks to a recycled TP case.
This toilet paper stands out because it has more sheets per roll. The average roll of toilet paper contains 200 sheets. Bim Bam Boo goes above and above by providing 295 sheets per roll. As a result, when it comes to long-term use, this TP is at the top of the list.
It’s also the first TP formula created to improve health. It’s not only velvety smooth, but it’s also naturally antimicrobial and hypoallergenic. As a result, there are no risks of discomfort or infection.
You’ll get more use out of 2-ply sheets. At the same time, they’re tough and won’t easily rip apart. They break up easily when they come into contact with water, despite their strength. Furthermore, they are biodegradable. As a result, they don’t clog and are suitable for septic and sewage systems.
There are more sheets per roll, Natural antimicrobial and hypoallergenic properties, and Clog-free and septic-safe bamboo from a responsible source
Bim Bam Boo is a 100 percent organic bamboo toilet paper that is certified. It has a larger number of sheets per roll. Not to mention, it’s the first TP built with health in mind. As a result, you will put your concerns about the atmosphere and skin irritations to rest. Bim Bam Boo is the way to go for a health-focused tissue with more uses.
- PURE: 100% bamboo, tree-free, packaged petroleum-free in recycled cardboard toilet paper case
- NO NASTY STUFF: Free of BPA, formaldehyde, chlorine-bleach and itchy glues
- VEGAN: Made without animal-derived gelatin found in convention toilet paper
- PERFECT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Experience allergy and irritation relief with our exclusive hypoallergenic formula toilet paper 2-ply, silky-smooth and lab-tested lint-free
- PLASTIC-FREE: Each roll is individually wrapped in tissue paper and packed in a case of toilet paper- fully recyclable/compostable packaging helps protect our oceans - excellent for home and...
Buying guide for Best Toilet Paper for allergies:
Certain chemicals in toilet paper, such as dye, perfumes, and even the material used to make the toilet paper (wood), can irritate people. To decide what reactions you have, you should see a specialist allergist for a prick test, but an easy and inexpensive at-home test is to turn to one of these brands of toilet paper and see whether your symptoms change.
Number of Plies
The count of toilet paper has a significant impact on the texture and can influence irritability. Single-ply toilet paper (like camping or RV toilet paper) to plush four-ply toilet paper is available. Higher-ply toilet paper is usually thicker, heavier, more absorbent, and softer. Although the number of plies has no bearing on touch and feel, a thinner, rougher single-ply might be more painful to your skin.
To give toilet paper its white hue, chlorine is often used. However, elemental chlorine gas produces dioxins, which are harmful to both human health and the environment. Chlorine-free toilet paper is often bleached with chlorine dioxide, though other options, such as unbleached toilet paper or bleached with oxygen or hydrogen peroxide, are often preferred.
Then there’s the matter of the content. If you’re looking for a hypoallergenic toilet paper roll, look for one made from natural materials. Bamboo, recycled paper, aloe, and gentle cotton are only a few examples. You should avoid toilet paper that contains bleach, chlorine, fragrances, or even dye.
That being said, if any of these ingredients appear in your toilet paper pack, don’t buy it because it might cause you to develop severe allergies in the long run.
Another factor to think about is the softness of the toilet paper. To be honest, there’s no way to say how soft a toilet paper roll is by reading the packaging because any brand may claim to have soft toilet paper. You can try pressing your finger against it and see what it looks like, but this will just give you a rough idea. As a general rule, bamboo appears to be the softest toilet paper material available, so use that as a starting point.
Rolls per pack
The number of rolls per pack is the last thing you can think about. Obviously, the larger the number of rolls in a box, the less expensive the toilet paper kit. In most cases, one box of toilet paper contains 24 rolls, but certain packs contain 48 rolls. As a result, the one you choose will be determined by how much toilet paper you use.
If you have a large family and use a lot of toilet paper, you may want to consider purchasing the 48-roll per-pack rolls to save money.
The goods on this list are not the most affordable on the market. As opposed to the mass amount of traditional paper, the method of producing this form of paper is usually more costly. Although it will almost certainly be more costly than regular toilet paper, the benefits for someone suffering from an allergic reaction might be well worth the cost. Buying in bulk or using automatic ordering (subscribing to monthly Amazon or other services) will help you save a lot of money. We’ve also chosen a more affordable alternative, but prices fluctuate and vary depending on where you shop.
One way to find the best fit for your skin is to buy the smallest format available (usually 4 rolls) of two or three different brands, try them out (use one brand until the 4 rolls are finished), and move on to the next to find the one that works for your preference on touch, feel, and softness. Some people with severe skin conditions keep a journal of their symptoms, noting whether they changed or worsened with each brand. When you know how much of a difference it can make if you suffer from skin irritation, it’s a small investment.
Toilet Paper for Yeast Infections and Chronic Vulvar Irritation
It’s a touchy topic that many people avoid writing about, but I’m guessing it’s why a lot of women came across this piece. If you’re looking for toilet paper to relieve discomfort, it’s possible that some of you are experiencing uncomfortable and unpleasant signs of irritation in the genital region around your vagina. According to this medical report, more than half of adult women would experience vulvovaginitis pain at least once in their lives.
Although the causes can vary, the scratching, stinging, and burning sensations are all similar and can be debilitating, making it difficult for women to run, bike, or engage in other forms of physical activity. Many women, according to the report, are given inconclusive explanations by their physicians and resort to over-the-counter (OTC) creams, ointments, anti-fungal drugs, or sprays to try to relieve the itching, even though no official diagnosis of fungal infection has been made.
Although there are a variety of potential causes, it has been discovered that skin irritation in the vaginal region (vulvar dermatitis) may be caused by a variety of household products (including those that are intended to enhance personal hygiene, such as douche), as they may contain fragrances, preservatives, antibacterial agents, or agents to increase alkali or acid content.
Is it possible to have a toilet paper allergy?
It’s possible to be allergic to toilet paper, which may seem strange. Any of the ingredients used in the ply may be causing an allergic reaction. Toilet paper, which is normally made from plant(wood) fibers, should not be overly scented.
There’s a good chance you’ll get vulvitis if you use strongly scented tissue paper. Itching, redness, and swelling around the anus are symptoms of this condition. If you experience any of these symptoms after switching to a new scented paper, you should consider switching or looking for alternatives.
Is there any toilet paper that isn’t bleached?
An unbleached toilet paper has not been bleached with any chemical additives. To whiten the papers in the factory, most manufacturing industries use bleaching agents such as chlorine. The disadvantage is that it leaves an annoying feeling behind, which may put your well-being at risk. This is mostly for females who use bleached toilet paper for personal hygiene, as the chlorine may cause pollutants to build up in the body, potentially leading to serious complications.
Is there formaldehyde in Charmin toilet paper?
One of the ingredients used in the production of toilet paper is formaldehyde or chlorine. This is used to transform the paper into the bright white color you’re used to seeing. The result is a sterile piece of paper that contains a lot of contaminants.
However, some well-known TPs, such as Charmin, use a chlorine-free treatment in their pulp manufacturing. Therefore, no! Charmin toilet paper contains no formaldehyde. They are also dye-free, artificial-scent-free, and made entirely of 100 percent virgin wood fibers that are suitable for personal hygiene.
What toilet paper brands are manufactured in the United States?
A long list of toilet papers made in the United States can be found. When shopping online or in the store, you can also find famous international brands. Let’s say you’ve been wondering who’s behind the many well-known TP brands in the United States. In that scenario, you should be aware that some of the world’s largest paper companies have made significant investments in the industry.
Famous toilet tissue brands like Angel Soft, Quilted Northern, Scott, and Cottonelle are made by companies like Kimberly-Clark and Georgia-Pacific. Procter and Gamble are also involved in the tissue market, and the American consumer goods behemoth produces several common alternatives.
Is there anything else I could use instead of tissue paper?
The best substitute for tissue paper must both perform well and be safe to use. When you run out of toilet paper, most people just hop in the tub and take a bath, but you might consider other options. Napkins, fluffy cloths, and paper towels are all examples of this. Regardless of which choice you choose, you want it to be soft and not irritate your skin.
Which toilet paper is better for sensitive skin?
Each of the models mentioned above is acceptable. None, however, include the additional benefits that Monkeylips Organic Green Tea toilet paper does. It’s not only tough and absorbent, but it also contains Vitamin A and carotene, which nourish the skin. It also has a nice Green Tea fragrance to it.
Why tissue paper is the most hypoallergenic for sensitive skin?
All of the models mentioned above will suffice. But Bim Bam Boo stands out from the crowd thanks to its unique hypoallergenic formula.
Which gentle tissue paper is best for sensitive skin?
Charmin Ultra Gentle, on the other hand, stands out from the crowd thanks to its infused calming lotion. It certainly lives up to its moniker.
For RV and camping toilets, what is the best sensitive skin tissue paper?
Portable toilets have a small flush volume. As a result, you’ll need tissue paper that dissolves easily in water. Seventh Generation toilet paper is, without a doubt, the best choice.
What is the best environmentally friendly toilet paper for people with sensitive skin?
Bamboo toilet papers are the real thing, even though other versions are just as fine. They’re more durable and made from renewable resources. As a result, WHOLE ROLL and Bim Bam Boo are the best options.
How can I say if I have a tissue paper allergy?
There are a variety of symptoms, including itching, redness, swelling, and soreness.