You don’t have the same level of control in a hotel bathroom or a public shower at a swimming pool or gym as you would at home. Thousands of people may have passed through these showers, some of whom may have carried bacteria and fungi.
These unwelcome visitors may be taken home and spread illnesses or diseases like athlete’s foot, warts, and abscesses. Wearing the best shower shoes reduces the risk of contamination significantly. If you enjoy the benefits of a soothing shower, they’ll keep you and your feet safe.
10 Best Shower Shoes
We’ve compiled a list of the best shower shoes to assist you in narrowing down plenty of options. We considered comfort, design, ratings, and usability, and how clean they are when showering.
1. Under Armour Men’s Locker III Slide Sandal
- Quick drying one-piece performance molded EVA slide, perfect for locker room or poolside use
- Strap, footbed & outsole are all engineered to transport water away from the foot
These shower shoes are famous because they are built specifically for use in the shower. The five holes in the soles, three in the front and two in the back cause water to drain when you shower.
Aside from the small holes, the entire shoe is built to remove water, including the outsole and footbed. When walking, this feature makes the shoes lighter. You’re much less likely to slip and fall if there isn’t a lot of water inside.
They’re made of EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) and are durable and easy to dry. Mold or fungi growth shouldn’t be a problem because they don’t collect moisture.
The classic, dark-colored style is unobtrusive and does not draw unnecessary attention. Reviewers with high arches understand how comfortable this style is. It comes in black and navy blue to suit everyone’s tastes.
2. Vertico Men’s Shower and Pool Slide On Sandal
- PROTECTION: It’s normal not to want to walk barefoot in a shower or lounge at the pool which thousands of people have already used. After so much use, it can be common for certain fungal germs to...
- COMFORTABLE INSOLES: An outdoor shoe that doesn’t do a number on your feet after only a couple of hours. Our lightweight sandals are made with a soft but durable insole that feels like you’re...
- OPEN-TOE, SLIP-ON SANDALS: Our sandals come in a variety of sizes that can fit adolescent boys and older men. Simply slide them on and go about your day without worrying about them slipping off or...
- QUALITY MATERIALS: Unlike cheap pool and shower shoes that wear and tear after a couple of months, our sandals are made with high-quality materials that last much longer. We make the sole out of hard,...
- ADAPTIVE FOOTWEAR: Use our sandals at the pool, in a public shower, at the gym, or even for just walking around the block. Wherever your life’s journey takes you, you'll know that you're sandals can...
This pair will protect your feet from harmful bacteria, even though it is not the trendiest model. The sole is made of a long-lasting rubber that should last a long time.
The closed-cell EVA inner layer enhances the shoe’s comfort. It’s made of a foam-like material that’s soft and comfortable to wear. In addition to comfort, reviewers like that this pair isn’t noisy while walking, unlike other brands.
Read also: Best Shower Foot Scrubber
The toe of this slider is open, and the strap is partially open. This design aims to allow water to flow in and out of the shoe freely. It also has the effect of speeding up the drying process. One shoe can neatly fit inside the other to save space when packed, making it lightweight and easy to transport.
3. Adidas Originals Men’s Adilette Slide Sandals
- Polyurethane-coated synthetic bandage upper with 3-Stripes
- Quick-dry synthetic lining
- Patterned outsole for grip
It’s not always easy to find shower shoes in various sizes and types while maintaining high-quality standards. These shoes should fit the whole family, from small children to teens, men and women.
They come in sizes ranging from 3 to 15, so they should suit most families needs. Furthermore, they are available in a variety of models to appeal to a wide range of tastes. You’ll be able to choose from a variety of colors, including black, green, coral, orange, and even light pink.
It’s made of polyurethane, a leather-like synthetic substance. This gives the shoe a luxurious appearance while also making it sturdy and water-resistant.
This pair of Adidas shoes carries the brand’s quality reputation; some people claim to have worn the same pair for 15 years. The extra-wide strap ensures a secure fit and correct foot placement.
4. Crocs Women’s Swiftwater Sandal Sport
- LIGHTWEIGHT, SPORTY AND ADVENTUROUS: The Swiftwater sandals for women are all about comfort and functionality. The sporty and minimal design allows you to move through life swiftly
- WATER-FRIENDLY: These slide sandals for women are water-friendly and designed to channel water away. Needless to say, if you'll be near the water, you'll want to have these sandals with you
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?: These women's sandals offer a standard fit and we recommend ordering a size up to the next largest whole size
- ICONIC COMFORT: From lakeside to date night, these women's sandals are flexible and made of Croslite material for Iconic Crocs Comfort. Soft, flexible straps were constructed for easy slip on and off
- LIGHTWEIGHT: These sandals for women are incredibly lightweight and fun to wear. The flexible material is perfect for when you're on the go or just hangin' out
This stylish model should satisfy you if you’re looking for a pair to wear in the shower as well as in the city. These adorable water shoes are light and easy to wear. They can be worn outside of the shower without making you look like you’re going to the beach.
Design and Color
This Crocs product does not have the traditional closed-toe shape for which the business is popular. Instead, it’s fully open, with just three thin straps crisscrossing the front of the shoe. This shape keeps the foot safe inside while maintaining a sleek and sophisticated appearance with most outfits.
Fear not, fashionistas! This model comes in a range of colors. You should be able to find a shade that suits whatever color your outfit is!
Read also: Buyers Guide for Towels
5. Shevalues Shower Shoes for Women
- Supper Soft & Lightweight: made of High-Elastic EVA, give your feet ultimate comfort and pain relief.
- Quick Drying: drain holes design accelerate the water drain out and drying quickly.
- Arch Support: effectively balance pressure, reduce feet stress.
- Non-Slip: durable non-slip EVA outsole give your feet a good grip with no slippage and good balance.
- Tip: Don't use for a long walking, due to the supper soft and holed soles.
Reviewers praised the water-draining ability and fast drying speed of these shoes. They wear them around the house after a shower or quickly pack them after a gym shower.
Design and Color
Although this pair isn’t designed for outdoor use, it has a perfect style, colors, and features for the shower at home or in public. They come in a variety of pastel shades, including blue, yellow, and grey, navy blue, and should go with most bathroom ensembles.
The sole is covered with several holes and is intended for use in the shower since it helps water to drain. This pair is suitable for daily use because the material dries quickly and is less vulnerable to fungal growth.
The shoe has arch support for added comfort, despite its simplicity. EVA and anti-slip components make up the material underneath the shoe, which provides both toughness and protection.
6. Xunlong Shower Slippers Bathroom Non-Slip Sandal
- SUPER SOFT: Made of High-Elastic EVA, lightweight, durable and flexible, make your feet ultimate comfort.
- NON-SLIP: Anti-slip outsoles increase the malleability of the shoes and increase the friction between the shoes and the ground.
- QUICK DRYING: drain holes design accelerate the water drain out and drying quickly.
- CONCISE & PRACTICAL: Concise style and solid design is well suitable for a variety of occasions. Lightweight durable material can bending flexibly and very easy to clean.
- WIDE APPLICATION: Suitable for bathroom, living room, bedroom, swimming, gym, beach and other leisure occasions. Perfect for any seasons.
The EVA material’s elasticity provides the required cushioning for a comfortable ride. They can become your go-to pair for everyday use rather than just shower shoes. On the other hand, the outer layer is made of a slip-resistant material that keeps it secure on wet surfaces.
Design and Color
Colors for both men and women are available, ranging from grey, black, and blue to pink, yellow, and purple. With holes to drain water, this model is safe and fun to walk in, making the shoe lighter and easier to use.
The entire shoe is flexible and malleable, allowing it to be twisted to drain excess water or stuffed into a backpack.
7. Clapzovr Mens Sandals Shower Water Shoes
- SOFT COMFORTABLE FLAT SANDALS QUICK DRY:Breathable PVC draining holes athletic water sandals durable perspiration moisture-proof , eco-friendly
- LIGHTWEIGHT NON SLIP EVA SOLE: Water aerobic massage shoes good cushioning nice for long walks and hiking sandals well grip on the ground pavement and rock
- REMOVABLE FOOTBED EASY CLEAN: Perfect mens summer camp shoes beach sandals , hostels gym shower cute water hiking shoes
- SLIP ON MENS AQUA SHOES EASY ON AND OFF: Comfy boys youth sandals will not be coming off in the water sports
- CLOSED TOE SANDALS ANTI SKID PROTECT FOOT : Great for Waterfall hike , park resort vacation Fishing , trip Surfing , Boating , Kayaking canoeing and other activities
By covering your entire foot, this pair provides additional protection. It has a snug but relaxed fit that’s suitable for showers and other water activities.
The enclosed design eliminates the likelihood of your foot slipping inside the shoe or falling out while walking. It also has holes that run the material’s length, allowing water to escape while preventing it from collecting inside. Furthermore, after the shower, the holes make for good airflow, which speeds up the drying process.
The porous PVC content prevents moisture from accumulating, reducing the risk of mold and bacterial growth. The sole is made to have a firm grip and prevent dangerous falls.
These versatile shoes can be worn outside of the shower as well. The sole provides the required cushioning for walks along the beach or by a lake.
Read also: Best Bathtub Installation Methods
8. Casual Women Sandals or Shower Shoes
- CUTE MEETS COMFORTABLE: Everybody needs a casual, basic flip flop and Crocs has the perfect option. The new Kadee II flip flops for women have sleeker, slimmer straps that will fit in great with any...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: These women's flip flops are incredibly lightweight, water-friendly and buoyant. The Croslite foam offers an Iconic Crocs Comfort that is perfect for relaxing at the beach or flippin'...
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY: These sandals for women offer a relaxed fit and we recommend ordering a size up to the next largest whole size. Grips in the footbeds prevent slipping while walking
- COMFORTABLE STRAPS: These women's sandals have slim straps and a soft TPU toe post designed for 360-degree comfort. The flip flops are light, versatile and ready for fun whenever you are
- CROCS WOMEN'S FLIP FLOPS: The simple yet sleek flip flops for women are fun to dress up or dress down. The options are endless when you expand your wardrobe with these comfortable women's sandals
This flip-flop is mainly for women, and it comes in sizes ranging from 4 to 11.
Color and Design
You should be able to find one that fits your taste and style among the four colors available: black, navy blue, raspberry, and flame. These Crocs are both fashionable and functional. The straps are slim and stylish, making them suitable for use in the shower as well as outside. The grips on the bottom of the sole are an essential safety function that will help you stay balanced in the shower or on any wet surface.
The warmth is also improved by the foam cushioning. They can be used for showering, going for a walk, strolling around a swimming pool, or relaxing at the beach. If you drop them in water, they’ll float.
They can comfortably be transported in a backpack to a gym or other public facilities due to their lightweight. This makes them easier and more comfortable to walk in than heavier versions.
9. Secure SRSS-1 Slip Resistant Shower Shoes
- Secure Shower Shoes are ideal for use at home or in a nursing home, hospital, college dorm, gym locker room, health club, spa, or hotel to prevent slipping and falling in the shower, bath, bathroom.
- Heavy duty non skid grooved tread soles have been tested & proven to be slip resistant and prevent slipping on slick wet surfaces in bathtubs, showers and bathroom floors.
- Comfortable nylon mesh upper material dries quickly – The elimination of a heel seam prevents heel skin abrasion.
- Expanding foot opening allows for easy on and off and increased user comfort, while also helping a nurse or caregiver to more easily put on or remove the shower shoes on a fall risk patient or...
- Unisex sizing for men and women - MEDIUM: (Women's size 6-8; Men's size 5-7), LARGE: (Women's size 9-11; Men's size 7-9), X-LARGE: (Men's size 10-12)
Falls in the bathroom become more frequent as we get older, with potentially harmful consequences. You’ll appreciate the extra slip-resistance of this shoe if you’ve ever slipped within a tub.
These common Secure shoes have been thoroughly checked to ensure that they would not slip on any slick surfaces. As a result, hospitals and nurseries use them.
Design and Color
These shoes are also easy to use for people of all ages. The high back keeps the shoe from slipping off when wet, and the attached strap makes it simple to put on and take off. They come in three sizes and a uniform white color that should appeal to both men and women.
They’re also built to be very comfortable. The upper layer of the shoe is made of mesh, which does not irritate the skin. Furthermore, there are no inner seams on the front and back of the shoe to prevent blisters.
10. VIFUUR Water Sports Shoes
- Recommended 1: CONVENIENCE - Smooth neck design prevents chafing when wearing our water shoes. It is convenient to wear and take off.
- Recommended 2: COMFORTABLE FIT -- Breathable and smooth fabrics with fine stretch on uppers. Like socks, flexible and comfortable.
- Recommended 3: RUBBER OUTSOLE & FOOT SAFETY -- Wearable and top-quality rubber sole, which protects your feet from being hurt by sharp objects.
- Recommended 4: OCCASION - Yoga Training, beach, swimming, pool, weight training, wake-boarding, sailing, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, cycling, jogging, walking, fishing, beach volleyball,...
- Tips：VARIOUS SIZE AVAILABLE -- fit different feet,little kids, big kids,men,women are available.
If you’re worried about fungi and germs in the water, these shoes should keep you safe. The closed nature shields your feet from all sides, while the smooth and flexible material ensures a comfortable fit.
Given the fact that the shoes are snug, you should have no trouble removing them. And when wet, the wide strip on the back of the shoe makes it easy to remove. It can also protect you from injuries caused by sharp rocks or debris while you’re walking outside or swimming.
It’s available in a plethora of trendy styles. You can choose from classic, funky, or trendy models for anything from underwater scenes to skyscrapers, rainbows, and even galaxy designs.
If you’re short on space, this shoe folds and rolls up to fit in the palm of your hand, making it one of the most compact options available.
What to look at before buying shoes to use in the shower
Shower shoes can quickly deteriorate due to frequent contact with water, soap, and shampoo. If you want to keep them for a long time, durable material like rubber is essential.
Water-absorbent fabrics, such as foam or mesh, are usually light but easily absorb water. Your feet could likely slip inside the shoes. They’re also difficult to dry, making them more susceptible to bacterial and fungal growth.
The type of material used affects how well your feet are covered. Antimicrobial agents are used in certain shoes to combat possible fungi and bacteria before they can damage you. Models that are slip-resistant are also essential. They provide you with a sense of security and stability in any wet environment, such as a shower.
Read also: Best Luxury Shower Heads
Please think of the situations you’ll use them in before committing to a pair. Is it your intention to use them solely for showering? What about near swimming pools, the beach, the area, or your own backyard?
Multi-purpose goods will help you save money in the long run. You’ll also be able to free up some closet space.
Wearing comfortable shoes is important, even though many people consider it a luxury. It will not only make showering more comfortable, but it will also prevent blisters from developing when walking to and from the shower. This is particularly necessary when the shoes aren’t being used for showering.
Design and Style
Although the design may not be relevant if you just wear them in the shower, the style may become a deal-breaker when you wear them outside of the shower. Closed water shoes could be the best choice if you need to wear your shower shoes when surfing or paddleboarding. However, if you’re going on holiday with them, a flip-flop style may be more practical. The most popular shapes are as follows:
- Flip-flops are loose-fitting shoes with a cord running between the first and second toes. They’re generally easy to transport due to their lightweight.
- Sliders are shoes with a sole and a strap that crosses the foot. These shoes are usually lightweight and easy to put on and take off.
- Shoes for the water: They have the best defense and traction since they cover the majority of the foot. As a result, they’re often used for other activities, such as water sports. However, keep in mind that they need more effort to put on.
- Clogs have an open back and are sealed at the front. They frequently have additional cushioning for added comfort. For added comfort, some versions have a back harness.
- Holes are holes in the ground. Shower shoes with small holes in the soles should be avoided. They’re made for showers and are built to remove water, avoiding a slick inner foot.
While selecting the best shower shoes for your needs is fairly straightforward, the sheer number of options available can make the process seem intimidating. The first thing to think about is how you’ll be wearing shoes. If you’re just going to wear them in the tub, make sure the soles have holes for water to drain.
Materials that are antimicrobial and slip-resistant are also essential considerations. If you want to use the shoes for something else, pay attention to the size, color, and foot safety level. Shower shoes should still be comfortable and easy to put on.